Thursday 2 June 2011

Introduction

Welcome to Watts Wedding Box, my name is Judi and I am marrying the man of my dreams on Saturday 6th August 2011 at 3.00pm. Since our engagement one and half years ago, I have managed to scowl through many wedding blogs. I have been so inspired with how much creativity and talent there has been, that I decided to DIY our wedding. Going with what I had always seen, I first wanted to create an elegant setting with black and white stationary and use this as our colour theme; I soon changed to olive green and gunmetal; navy blue and white and probably every other popular colour palette available. With more and more and more and more and much more research, I discovered the warmth of a rustic wedding and there was no persuading me to change my mind. Kris and I are two rather relaxed and warm people and to create a rustic wedding is very appropriate for us.

As with most engaged couples, we too have a "Wedding Budget". Necessary - YES!!! Convenient - NO!!! However, although it would be nice to stretch the budget we have to be realistic. There is a reason we are getting married, it is just not because of one lavish affair (a.k.a wedding), so yes a budget is both realistic and necessary. Kris and I both agreed on a wedding budget that would suit both of us. Food and wine is important to us, so we knew that a large majority of our budget would be chewed away in this department, which is why I had to get creative with all the small details such as stationary, flowers, decorations and wedding outfits.

I hope you enjoy and please leave comments or feedback.

Cheers
Judi

No comments:

Post a Comment